Saturday 12 June 2010

End of week one...

Good aftermorning. It's just about half past twelve (midday) here and a fun run has been cancelled due to the wind. Funny thing about the wind here is that there are horizontal cyclones. Regular cyclones, as we all know, are like mini hurricanes that just push stuff up in the air ("Twister", 1996. Bill Paxton et al. These cyclones, apparently, move horizontal and push stuff back. Personally, I'd have let the fun run go on just for shits and giggles.

Actually, the joke will be on me cause next weekend I'm doing a really silly thing. I'll show you when it's done.



This is my room. It's not much but it does the job. Yeah, I got a HD tv in my room. Sucks to be you. See that desk? I got that today from some old office or something. It was pretty skanky so I gave it a wipe over. They looked like this:



Eurgh. I also have some curtains on my tiny little window. They look like this:



There's no mirror in my room. In fact, there's only one mirror in the house. None of the lamps had shades on them before we came. Who the fuck designed this place?

Last night I did something for the first time: babysitting. You may mock but I got paid £20 to sit around on my ass watching football. I don't even LIKE football. There are men who would kill to get paid to watch football and I turned over to Big Brother just to spite them. Side note - Sunshine will be the first to go.

It's pretty rad to get my music collection back. Rocking "Smash" by Offspring right now. All I've listened to since I got here is million selling pop punk. Sum 41, Offspring, Green Day, Less Than Jake. Wait til winter REALLY hits and then it'll be non-stop Radiohead.

Alright G's and G-ettes. I'll wrap this one up. I'm heading off camp later to the town of Stanley. Apparently there's no street lights there and they have funny accents. Of course I'll take the camera along. (NB: I'm doing a photography course next week so the pics should get way more interesting).

Last thing: before I left I got rid of some stuff. The kind of stuff that takes too long to sell. This is where it was left:



It was gone within the hour.

Peace xx

No comments:

Post a Comment